Thursday 7 March 2013

1/12 scale dollhouse shabby chic rose shelf



I have been busy making mount board furniture again but this time I tried it in 1/12 scale. I love making shelves (as you can see) so I tried to make a couple of different varieties. My favourite is the lilac shelf (bottom photo) with the white roses. This would look great as part of a shabby chic themed 1/12 scale cottage or house. I sculpted the roses from polymer clay and then painted some white rose detailing into the corners of the shelf unit. To give it that final shabby chic feel I gently brushed the corners and edges with dark gold paint so that it faintly shimmers when it catches the light. The whole unit has then been sprayed with a matt finish sealant for durability.

The other 1/12 scale shelf unit I created (top photo) is a very extravagant piece with lots of hand sculpted roses. This item would look great as part of a wedding shop, cake shop, perfume shop...etc or you could have it as an extravagant display in your dollhouse. I also made a couple more miniature Easter items (middle photo) and all of these items can be found on ebay (seller:fizzyclaret). The auctions will end on Saturday 9th March and Sunday 9th March around 7pm ish UK time.

No comments:

Post a Comment