Friday 8 February 2013

Miniature shabby chic dollhouse teapots

This week I have made some lovely little 1/12 scale dollhouse teapots with pretty rose blossoms coming out of the tops. These teapots would look great in a little cottage or a house with a shabby chic theme. The teapots will be placed in my etsy shop today and you will be able to buy them there http://www.etsy.com/shop/fizzyclaret?ref=si_shop

Next week I'm going to try to make some shelving for the teapots so they can be displayed properly and shown to their best. I'm not sure of which design I'll use but I'm going to work on something this weekend and see what I can come up with. I usually work with polymer clay but I'd like to try something a little different. I came across a blog which teaches you how to make 1/12 scale miniature furniture and accessories. I instantly fell in love with this blog as everything is so well explained with lots of helpful photographs. The blog is http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.co.uk/ please check it out as it really is amazing. After reading the tutorial on 'how to make a kitchen dresser' I felt so inspired to try my hand at mount board shelves so this is what I'll be trying to make next. It'll probably be a disaster to start with but fingers crossed I can manage to make something pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment